Unfortunately, the peptide and nootropic industry is plagued by a complete lack of transparency. Most companies sell products directly imported from China, without doing the necessary due diligence and lab tests to ensure that the products they sell are authentic and pure. Instead, they rely on the manufacturer’s certificates of authenticity and these certificates are often completely unreliable.
The direct consequence is that these companies sell products that are impure, under-dosed, and sometimes completely fake.
This is why we chose to work with Nootropics Depot, whose ISO 17025:2017 lab produces Ceretropic products for us. Nootropics Depot’s team runs in-depth testing of all the batches they receive from their suppliers. Batches that don’t comply with Nootropics Depot’s quality standards are systematically returned to the manufacturer.
This means that when you buy peptides or nootropics from Cymnootropics.com, you get real Ceretropic products that are guaranteed to be authentic, pure, and not under-dosed.
Nootropics Depot’s production team applies the exact same quality standards to the products they create for us, as they do for their own brand. Every incoming batch is tested for identity, purity, and for the presence of dangerous and toxic compounds such as heavy metals.
Nootropics Depot has been regularly expanding their lab since launching the company in 2013. They are always adding new equipment, personnel, and capabilities to advance their ability to scientifically analyze products, and to assist in the research and development of new nootropics and supplements.
New capabilities include: the acquisition of an Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatograph (UPLC) and an Ultra Performance Liquid Chromatographic Mass Spectrometer (UPLC-MS) provided by the industry-leading company, Waters; a Headspace Gas Chromatograph (HS-GC) built by Thermo Fisher; and a cutting-edge High Performance Thin Layer Chromatograph (HPTLC), provided by the founders of Camag technology. These upgrades give the analytical chemists at Nootropics Depot the ability to test all incoming batches quickly and efficiently at a lower cost than ever before.
How do we test peptides quality?
We use the following methods to assess the quality of each peptide batch:
- Liquid Chromatography (LC) – This test allows us to determine the purity of the synthesized peptide.
- Mass Spectrometry (MS) – This test confirms that the correct amino acids are present.
- Ion Chromatography (IC) – This test looks for residual ions such as trifluoroacetic acid (TFA); TFA is the reagent used to cleave the peptide from the resin bead upon which it is synthesized. IC is a quantitative technique, so the amount of TFA can be quantitatively determined.
- Amino Acid Analysis – This instrument is like a “reverse synthesizer” whereby the peptide sample is destroyed and the presence and quantity of each amino acid is determined; this instrument will also provide to us the total percentage of Carbon, Nitrogen, and Oxygen, which should match the amino acid profile.
- 1H Quantitative Proton Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (1H qNMR) – This allows us to determine how much peptide is present, on the assumption that the signal measured is solely due to the chosen hydrogen from an amino acid present in the peptide.
- Total Mass – This is performed with a balance to confirm the amount of active peptide per vial in conjunction with the results from the 1H qNMR.
We also sell products from other brands that are well known for their quality processes, like Newmind.com and Science.bio.